Monday, March 02, 2009

Well, last month was busy! Everyone was just so tired. You have to cram nearly the same amount of shifts (one shift less) into a short month. A bit insane, even though you can get more coverage during a day. I came in on a week of nights and was hit with a thoracotomy (I came too late so couldn't get into the action) and we spent the whole night trying to recover from it although it was cool seeing it. A GSW that transected the descending aorta unfortunately. The third year resident was too busy doing paperwork for the police so I ended up taking all the sign outs. I don't really know if a first year has done that before at my program. It was tough following everything and trying to deal with incomplete signouts, and meanwhile the chart rack remains overflowing. But no matter how bad a shift seems, I've learned it doesn't kill you and you survive.



Then we had our inservice. Have to say didn't study for it as much as I wanted to, but we'll see. .. 1st years generally don't pass, but the questions seemed manageable. Had a nice post inservice party! It's so nice when nearly all the residents and some attendings can be together. And we learned our ER chief of service has a fantastic apartment ;).



Now trying to figure out how to do my taxes. I don't think I'm doing something right cuz I keep getting it saying I'm making a negative operating loss. I think I may need to get a financial advisor, sigh.

No comments: