Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More from me... 

Enough about work! I haven't had much time to go out and explore but will definitely in the next coming months! 

July 4th weekend,sky-trammed to Roosevelt Island to have a look, and saw my dorm / hospital from the East River side, then walked along the promenade next to the FDR "highway" to watch the Macy's parade. Frankly, unless you're right at the spot, it's probably better on TV but I may be saying that cuz it was pissing rain and we were all getting wet. 

Then the first weekend of August, went back home for my 10 year high school reunion, which was a lot of fun! The bar in the beginning helped, but it was good fun catching up with everyone. No one's really changed that much even though so much in everyone's individual life has. But basically, those who wanted to be doctors in high school are, and so are those who wanted to be lawyers, teachers, etc. A few people are married with kids and stuff, but those just seem like details. 

Otherwise, I've been spending my free time watching the Olympics, going to the gym, catching up on sleep, arranging my room (I still need to arrange rug / carpets) and trying to get it roach-free which I think may finally be working after buying every product available, and lastly...studying. heh. I figure once the Olympics are over, I'll be doing more reading - that's what I tell myself anyway. Besides the rug(s), the last things I need to do are hang my pictures / photos, maybe wall mount my tv, and I'm dying to buy a bike once I find a place to lock it. 

Anyway, enough mickey mouse stuff. Hopefully I'll have more exciting things to post soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you're doing well! you're all grown up! i look forward to reading your updates... gives me some great perspectives... which i need during these basic science years!
-liz r

The Messy Medic said...

Thanks! :) I thought you were done though?