Friday, May 26, 2006

Man, I have GOT to start studying! Two weeks to the day until boards and not much to show for it. I've done a few practice Q's here and there, made some notes in the USMLE Bible that is First Aid, but I seriously have to step it up! I'm taking all of next week off, today's the last dossing day.

But it was a good one ;). Went to the gym early to release all the pent-up energy from the last few days - we're on a little lighter schedule of rowing training to accomodate the exam period. Didn't work too well cuz I'm still wanting to go for a run now. Then spent this morning running errands and splurging a bit before a few of the rowing gals came over for lunch. We're really close - I suppose a few of us have been together a few years now and seeing someone every day for like 2-3 years tends to bring you together :). It gets a bit bitchy sometimes, but we're each other's psychologists too. So myself and Anna decided to give people an exam pick-me-up, especially since one of the girls has had a tough time of it lately, and made a gorgeous lunch, I love lunches like that. Anna brought over a warm loaf of multigrain brown bread from Avoca that seriously could have been like a cake, and some salad leaves/tomatoes. I had corn for the salad and ham/cheese for the bread and ice cream to top it all off! I'll miss those lunches when I leave - they started about 3 years ago when Dor was Captain - a really good salad +/- potatoes with mayonnaise and bread in Rowing Rooms. And of course something sweet to top it off afterwards with a cup of Barry's Gold or coffee. Simple but perfect.

Continuing on my reflection... I love Trinity. And I love that all students of Trinity love Trinity. It gives us a really unique sense of community and pride, moreso than any of the other Irish colleges. It could have something to do with the fact that it's a closed campus...literally...it's walled all the way around and all open space is contained within the college campus itself. But I feel like I'm catchin up on that sense of school pride that I missed while attending CWRU, since I really didn't like being there, everyone was apathetic and that place really didn't suit me socially. Apart from a few friends, I wish I never wasted my time going there not from an academic point of view (the educational opportunities are endless)but for my own personal happiness and sanity. Ultimately it's what led to me and Viv coming to Trinity in the first place on junior year abroad...we just had to escape from the confines of that soul-sucking place. I hear it's better there now with the new renovations. Good for them, but I'm so happy that I came here. I'll be an IMG (international med graduate) but it's been worth it!

No comments: